Bastille – Bad Blood
This is the debut studio album by British band Bastille. It was released on 4 March 2013 in the United Kingdom, and on 3 September 2013 in the United States. The singles are “Overjoyed”, “Bad Blood”, “Flaws”, “Pompeii”, “Laura Palmer” and “Things We Lost in the Fire”.
Brice Ezell of PopMatters compared the band to the sound of Coldplay and wrote, “booming male choirs, string effects, echoey pianos, allusions to Greek mythology and the Bible – Bastille brings out all the artillery on Bad Blood, and the result is nothing less than earth-shattering.
“Heather Phares” Bad Blood reveals that Bastille is a synth-driven band that isn’t particularly arty, something of a rarity during the electronic pop revival of the 2000s and 2010s. Where many of their contemporaries used the glamour of synth-pop’s ’80s heyday and electronic music’s infinite possibilities to craft shiny pop fantasies, Bastille builds on the glossy, anthemic approach they set forth on the Laura Palmer EP .
- Dan Smith – Lead vocals, keyboards, piano, percussion, string arrangements, production, programming
- Kyle Simmons – Keyboards, percussion, backing vocals
- Will Farquarson – Bass, keyboards, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, backing vocals
- Chris “Woody” Wood – Drums, percussion, backing vocals
Bastille – Bad Blood Tracklist
1. Pompeii 0:00
2. Things We Lost In the Fire 3:35
3. Bad Blood 7:36
4. Overjoyed 11:09
5. These Streets 14:35
6: Weight Of Living pt II 17:30
7. Icarus 20:25
8. Oblivion 24:10
9. Flaws 27:26
10. Daniel In The Den 31:05
11. Laura Palmer 34:14
12. Get Home 37:22
Licence YouTube standard